- What information we collect.
- How we may share the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the information.
- How users can correct inaccuracies in the information.
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information.
- How to contact us.
Important note: Our website may contain links to other parties’ sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information.
A. Information We Collect
1) Information you provide. When you use any service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (e.g., your name, email address, an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from our other services or third parties in order to fulfill your request, to provide you with a better experience, or to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
3) Log-file information. When you access our services, our servers may automatically record the information that your browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
4) Communications. If you send us messages, we may retain those in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
B. Sharing of Information
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with others. This information does not identify individual users. In doing this, we do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties without your permission.
We may share information with third parties in several instances:
- when the service you are requesting inherently requires it, as when we submit your application for insurance to an insurance company;
- when you expressly authorize and/or direct it;
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, the information we have collected will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via notice on our website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
C. Security of Your Information
We subscribe to industry standards for the protection of personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number and/or social security number) through our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Once received, information that is retained by us is (1) kept in a firewalled and intrusion-protected storage environment, (2) accessed only by privacy-trained staff authorized to access it to fulfill your requests or otherwise perform our business functions, and (3) periodically reviewed for deletion in accordance with applicable law, contract requirements, and our internal data-retention guidelines.
D. Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
E. Contact Us
St. John’s Church Food for the Poor Program
44 Temple Street
Worcester, MA 01604